UP Rail Ramp Change in Chicago
27 July 2010
Dear Valued Customer,
Please note that the Union Pacific Railroad (UP) has opened a new Intermodal facility (Global 4) in Joliet, Illinois. APL will be moving its Intermodal operation from the existing UP Global 2 facility to the new Global 4 facility effective 11 August 2010.
- All APL cargo to and from the U.S. West Coast will be moved through the Global 4 Facility. This shift will not impact cargo to and from the U.S. East Coast which currently ramps/deramps through the CSX facility in Chicago.
- The operating procedure remains unchanged.
- The Global 2 facility will stop receiving export cargo destined to the U.S. West Coast at 11:59pm on 10 August 2010.
- The Global 4 facility will start receiving export cargo destined to the U.S. West Coast at 00:01am on 11 August 2010.
- APL will continue to operate its Chicago Container Yard facility at Paulina Street.
- Westbound Trains will begin loading out from the Global 4 facility on 11 August 2010.
- Eastbound Trains will begin departing from the West coast to the Global 4 facility on 9 August 2010 with scheduled arrival at the Global 4 on 13 August 2010. All import cargo arrived prior to this date should continue to be picked up at Global 2.
Global 4 Facility information
- Operating Hours - 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Address - 3000 Patterson Road, Joliet, IL 60436
- 550 acres with additional acreage for future expansion
- 500,000 annual lift capacity
- 8 lanes with Automated Gate System (AGS)
- State-of-the-art technology including biometrics
- 3,400 parking stalls
Please feel free to contact your local APL Sales or Customer Service representative should you have questions or require further information on this matter.