Sea Waybill Terms and Conditions
- Received by the Carrier from the Shipper in apparent good order and condition (unless otherwise noted herein) the total number of Containers or other packages or units enumerated
on the front of this Sea Waybill, for Carriage from the Place of Receipt or Port of
Loading, whichever is applicable, to the Place of Delivery or Port of Discharge, whichever
is applicable, according to the terms of the contract evidenced by this Sea Waybill.
- Unless instructed otherwise in writing by the Shipper delivery of the Goods will be made only to the Consignee or his authorized representative. Delivery to be made upon proper proof
of identity and authorization without the need of producing or surrendering a copy
of this Sea Waybill.
- The contract evidenced by this Sea Waybill is subject to the terms, conditions, exceptions, limitations and liberties (including those relating to pre-carriage and on-carriage) set out in
and incorporated by the Carrier’s Bill of Lading. The terms of the Carrier’s Applicable
Tariff are incorporated herein. Particular attention is drawn to the terms therein
relating to Container and vehicle demurrage. Unless the context otherwise requires
the term or any reference to "Bill of Lading" and "Applicable Tariff" wherever appearing
in the Carrier’s Bill of Lading shall be deemed to include and refer to this Sea Waybill.
The Shipper accepts the said terms, conditions, exceptions, limitations and liberties
on its own behalf and on behalf of the Consignee and the Owner of the Goods and warrants
that it has authority to do so.
- The Consignee by presenting this Sea Waybill and/or by requesting delivery of the Goods undertakes all liabilities of the Shipper hereunder, such undertaking being additional and without prejudice to the Shipper’s own liability. The benefit of the contract evidenced by
this Sea Waybill shall thereby be transferred to the Consignee.
- A copy of the Carrier’s Bill of Lading and the Carrier’s Applicable Tariff may be inspected
and will be supplied on request by any of the offices of the Carrier or its agents.
- Subject to Clause 6 of the Carrier’s Bill of Lading, the Hague or Hague-Visby Rules, whichever would have been applicable if this Sea Waybill were a Bill of Lading shall apply to
the contract evidenced by this Sea Waybill. The contract evidenced by this Sea Waybill
is deemed to be a contract of Carriage as defined in Article 1(b) of the Hague Rules
and the Hague-Visby Rules.
- The term "Consignee" shall include any Person to whom the Goods are delivered pursuant to the
written instructions of the Shipper.
- The contract evidenced hereby or contained herein shall be governed by Singapore Law. Any claim or other disputes thereunder shall be solely determined by Singapore Courts unless
the Carrier otherwise agrees in writing.