LIFT enhancements: Documentation
As part of APL’s Project LIFT to elevate your APL experience, effective 15 October 2018, you will get to enjoy the enhancements below during the documentation stage. This applies to:
- 11 selected services currently, and
- all other services, starting with vessel voyages that set sail on or after 12 November 2018.
The enhancements are as follows:
1. APL eBusiness replaces HomePort as the one-stop platform to carry out all your documentation activities, including:
- Easy submission of Shipping Instructions (SI) and Verified Gross Mass (VGM)
- Comprehensive dashboards to manage and track the status of SI, VGM and Bills of Lading (BL)
Click the links below for step-by-step guides to:
2. New Bill of Lading (BL) template
- Without freight rates (except U.S., Peru, Ecuador, Panama and Nicaragua)
- No limit to the number of containers per BL
A separate invoice will be issued for billing purpose.
For voyages not among the 11 selected services currently, or starting before 12 November:
- Your end-to-end process and interfaces with APL remains unchanged.
- For APL eBusiness users, you will be directed to HomePort, which remains accessible via the APL eBusiness menu until the last transaction completes on the platform. Click here for more information.
For details on other aspects of your LIFT experience, visit the LIFT microsite: www.apl.com/lift.
For enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org (for HomePort and APL eBusiness enquiries) or your local APL representative (for all other queries).
Thank you for your business and continued support.