SERENITY cargo value guarantee
Dealing with claims in case of damage to your cargo can be hassle-free with assurance on compensation irrespective of circumstances and party of liability.
SERENITY container guarantee
Reduce the stress and business impact if our containers are accidentally damaged while under your responsibility.
BILL OF LADING paperless
One click is all it takes to transfer the BILL OF LADING paperless to the next party. Fast and secure, it also bears the same legal value as a traditional paper B/L.
APL has the global resources to ship your U.S. Flag and project cargo safely and securely worldwide.
Project cargo comes in all shapes and sizes with many different logistic requirements. Project cargo therefore needs to be supported by a specialized project cargo team. APL has the expertise to handle your infrastructure, power generation, oil and gas or any other projects or specialized cargo moves. We have equipment and facilities worldwide to handle and support all your project cargo requirements including Out of Gauge (OOG) cargo.
The APL Advantage
Comprehensive service network
- APL’s extensive international U.S. Flag and Free Flag network connects you to just about anywhere in the world.
- APL has the ability to handle your project cargo intermodal moves.
- Global availability of OOG and special cargo handling facilities, with local expertise enhancing our capabilities.
Consistent and reliable schedules
- Reliable weekly sailing schedules with fixed port rotations simplify your logistics planning.
- Online shipment visibility tools allow you to track and monitor the status of your cargo along the supply chain.
Flexible delivery solutions
- Delivery options are created to suit your varied project cargo needs, including door-to door service.
- Choice of shipping cargo at different manufacturing or production stages.
- No need to consolidate entire projects into a single shipment.
- Different pickup and delivery locations for the same project are possible.
- Standard 20’ and 40’ container (8’6” external height).
- High Cube 40’ and 45’ container (9’6” external height).
- Open top 40’ containers – Used for top-loading or over-height cargo (i.e. taller than 7’).
- Collapsible 40’ flat rack container – Used for cargo or over-width and/or over-height (i.e. wider than 8’).
- Breakbulk – Cargo exceeding load limitation of special equipment and is loaded directly to vessel on a prepared flat rack platform. The dimensions below are considered breakbulk cargo:
- Longer than 40’
- Wider than 14’
- Higher than 14’
- Heavier than 70,000 lbs or 30 mt
APL, part of the CMA CGM Group, complies with all international regulations such as the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) along with its amendments - in particular the IMO Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS Code), including Annex 13.