APL Bangladesh is committed to your import needs
Please note the following requirements when managing your import shipments. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for enquiries or assistance.
- APL Bangladesh Inbound Team submits Import General Manifest (IGM) with the Customs under the Asycuda World System through XML File before 48 Hrs of Feeder Vessel berthing to Bangladesh Port(s).
- Amendment in the manifest (IGM) after Customs deadline is not allowed and later on consignee(s) has to make amendment with Customs directly for their any amendment requirement.
- If no free time in Rate Contract then Country free time to apply- 4 days for Dry and 2 days for Reefer from Discharge date (D&D charge will count per calendar day; 1st slab: 1 - 3 days, 2nd slab: 4 - 10 days and 3rd slab: 11 days onward).
- If free time filed in the Rate Contract then country free time will not consider (For 7 days free time D&D starts from 8th day fall in 2nd slab: 4-10 days, also for 10 days/14 days/21 days free time it will start from 11th day onward fall in the 3rd slab.
- D&D charges calculation and other applicable charges can get from APL offices at Bangladesh as per arrival location (email & phone number of Import handling team of APL Bangladesh is available at APL Bangladesh Tariffs – Local Charges).
- In absence of Original BL goods may be released against Bank Guarantee with the consent of Shipper and APL Origin Port Office.
- Charges applicable at Bangladesh destination for handling DG Cargo and Special Equipment.
- For DG Cargo - Consignee or Forwarder has to provide discharge permission from the Navy.
- For Food Cargo - Consignee (Importer) has to provide Radiation Certificate.
- For status change from CY to CFS delivery mode in the IGM by the Forwarder then Forwarder (consignee in APL BL) must notify to APL Bangladesh in advance and to make payment of the charges before change of the status (mode).
- When House BL issued by Forwarder from origin then as per Chittagong Customs Rule- Import General Manifest to submit by the Forwarder for House BL information within Customs deadline.
- When House BL issued from origin by Forwarder then Forwarder in Bangladesh (consignee in APL BL) must collect D/O from APL for cargo release at Chittagong before issuing D/O by the Forwarder.
- Goods to be auctioned by the Customs as per provisions of section 82 of Customs Act 1969 if goods not released by the consignee (importer) within 30 days from vessel arrival date.