Middle East - Implementation of Extra Risk Coverage Surcharge*
Please be informed that due to the recent incidents in the Strait of Hormuz and the significantly increasing insurance costs in the Middle East region, APL is implementing Extra Risk Coverage Surcharge based on the scope below.
- Within Middle East: 5 July 2019
- Brazil, China to Middle East/Middle East to Brazil, China: 1 August 2019
- U.S. to Middle East/Middle East to U.S.: 5 August 2019
Origin/destination: Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia (except Jeddah), Kuwait, Iraq
1. Effective dates are based on BL dates.
2. Additional countries might be added to the scope depending on the situation in the region.
For enquiries, please contact your local APL representative. We thank you for your business and continued support.
*This announcement supersedes the customer advisory “Middle East – Implementation of War Risk Surcharge” sent on 2 July 2019.