Russia: Restrictions on Imports and Exports
APL compliance procedures applicable to Russia shipments are based on international restrictions (imposed by United Nations, European Union and the United States of America) and local restrictions (imposed by Russian Government).
Restrictions on Russia Imports
Restrictions on Oil and Gas (regulations EU and US)
It is forbidden to import certain commodities that could be suitable for the production and exploration of oil and gas in Russia.
Restrictions on Food (Russian regulations)
It is forbidden to import fresh beef, pork, fruits and vegetables, poultry, fish, cheese, milk and dairy from:
- United States
- Countries in the European Union
Restrictions on Russia Imports and Exports
Restrictions on Arms and Dual Use Goods
EU Regulation 833/2014 and Council Decision 2014/512 state:
- arms and related materials embargo
- dual use goods embargoes
Booking with APL
To ensure a swift booking confirmation, customers booking with APL are requested to:
- Provide the complete cargo description and precise final use of the commodity in the booking request form, in an effort to ensure that they do not fall within the restricted categories above;
- furnish MSDS mentioning CAS number for all chemical products, even for non-hazardous goods;
- furnish Commercial invoice in case of bill of lading consigned “to order” to nominated entity;
- furnish credit letter in case of bill of lading consigned “to order” to a bank.
If the shipper/consignee is a freight forwarder: it is mandatory to provide the name of the actual shipper/consignee and notify party identified on the forwarder’s House BL.
Thank you for your understanding and support, as always.
APL remains committed to serving your shipping needs. For assistance or more information, please do not hesitate to contact your local APL representative.