APL’s EXX RailFlash Goes to New York
APL, part of the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in shipping and logistics, is pleased to announce enhancements to the EXX RailFlash. This October, Eagle Express X (EXX) shipments will debut in New York on rail from Los Angeles where the EXX ocean freight service makes her weekly call.
Promising superior China – US East Coast transit in the industry, EXX RailFlash will be characterised by
• 20-day Shanghai-New York transit and 21-day Ningbo-New York transit.
• Every EXX shipment from Shanghai is designed to arrive in New York at least 6 days sooner than a typical ocean and land transit combined and 6 days faster than direct ocean freight.
• New York-bound shipments from Ningbo will arrive minimally 4 days ahead of a typical ocean and land transit combined and 7 days earlier than direct ocean transportation.
“We are excited to have the EXX and the EXX RailFlash now covering both the US West Coast and East Coast at a speed like no others. This is one X-factor which our shippers appreciate as EXX RailFlash delivers further and yet faster with the addition of New York as its 5th inland destination in North America,” said Jesper Stenbak, Senior Vice President of APL Trans-Pacific Trade.
APL's EXX service has been outperforming the industry in terms of schedule reliability on Asia-North America West Coast:
• expeditious 11-day Shanghai-Los Angeles ocean transit
• shipments on the EXX RailFlash from Los Angeles to Chicago, Memphis, Dallas and Kansas City have seen to arrive at these inland destinations at least 4 days ahead compared to other regular ocean and land transit combined.
• 100% cargo availability within 8.7 hours from the commencement of vessel operations
• a 34-minute average truck-turn time for equipment returns and pick-up at the TraPac terminal in Los Angeles in August, way below the industry average of 68 minutes
Stenbak added, “APL’s EXX service has proven to deliver in speed and timeliness; and impressed with its white glove service. It also helps shippers manage supply chain uncertainties, securing them with guaranteed equipment and vessel space at the Chinese load ports. Topping it up, APL now provides total transparency on the EXX performance on the APL website – detailing performance by voyage to precise departure and arrival information by the day, hour and minute.”
Bookings for the enhanced EXX RailFlash is immediately available for shipments sailing from Ningbo and Shanghai. Click here for more information on the enhanced EXX RailFlash.
Telephone: (65) 6371 5180
Telephone: (65) 6371 5420
APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce. APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 120 weekly services calling ports in over 70 countries worldwide. APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by the late Jacques R. Saadé and now headed by Rodolphe Saadé.