China – Operational Impact due to Coronavirus, Lunar New Year Holidays Extension (Update #4)
Dear Valued Customer,
Following our last advisory on 4 February 2020, we would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in the Hubei province and any impact to CMA CGM Group’s operations in Mainland China.
Lunar New Year holiday extension
As the statuses on Lunar New Year holidays extension as announced by local governments continue to evolve, please refer to the local agency website at http://www.cma-cgm.com/local/china for the most up-to-date information.
As the CMA CGM Group cares for the health and well-being of all our staff and partners in China, we have implemented work-from-home arrangement for our staff. We will provide services on remote basis until our offices return to full operations from 17 February, subject to further review. Some counter services will be available at some of our offices, please contact us locally for details.
Detention and Demurrage Waiver - Clarification
Considering the exceptional circumstances, CMA CGM Group will waive D&D charges at Mainland Chinese ports for the periods indicated below:
1. For containers already over their standard free time conditions, D&D charges will be waived from 31 January to 9 February inclusive.
2. For containers with free time ending before 9 February, D&D charges will be waived until 9 February inclusive.
3. The above waiver applies to:
- All inbound cargo arriving at any port in Mainland China, from any POL
- All outbound cargo loading for any port in Mainland China, to any POD
- All equipment types
- All cargo types
4. The above waiver excludes:
- Any charge not part of the carrier’s D&D tariff
- Terminal’s storage and plug-in charges
We would be very grateful for you to keep your sales and customer service contacts at CMA CGM group aware of your contingency and/or recovery plans. Rest assured that we will do our most to follow evolution of the situation and plan activities accordingly.
CMA CGM Group is fully committed to comply with any regulatory requirements and policies aimed at curbing the spread of the Coronavirus.
We will continue to keep you informed of any changes to the current situation.
We thank you for your business and continued support.