APL SMARTreefers maintain total control over the temperature that the cargo is exposed to during shipment
Fruit flies and their larvae can flourish without proper management, causing consignments to fail import regulations. By maintaining a consistent, sufficiently low temperature throughout the entire voyage, our solution is a special post-harvest process that eradicates pests without the need for fumigation. Our reefer professionals are also trained to ensure protocols for your specific cargo are maintained from origin to destination.
CMA CGM, our mother brand, offers COLD TREATMENT services, a similar solution for your perishable cargo.
No chemicals. No fruit flies. No Larvae. Stringent protocols met. 100%
SMARTcool is the most sophisticated cold treatment (CT) technique available to help shippers meet quarantine requirements.
- Carried out in-transit with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) cold-treatment-certified containers
- All APL reefer unit's air ventilation systems are installed with med fly protective screens to prevent potential infestation of fruit flies during transit
- Customized SMARTcool process and in-transit monitoring
- Effectively exterminates Mediterranean and tropical fruit flies and larvae
- Eliminates the need for fumigation using chemicals that are prohibited in many countries
- Allows perishables to get to market much faster and in optimum condition compared to land-based cold treatments in storage
- Enables products to command premium value and meet consumers’ preference for non-fumigated produce
Examples of products that benefit from SMARTcool
With one of the highest CT success rates in the industry, APL is going the extra mile by committing to compensate our customers in case of a rejection of the goods by the relevant sanitary authorities as a result of a CT failure.
And with a minimal top-up, you can opt for SMARTcool Assured – an optional assurance you can add on to SMARTcool that provides protection of US$25,000 or more.
With SMARTcool or SMARTcool Assured, in the event of a rejection of the goods by the relevant sanitary authorities as a result of a CT failure, APL will compensate for the financial consequences:
|Damage to the goods||Save costs and hassle by protecting the value of your cargo through APL|
|Additional costs for a second cold treatment process||Compensates within 30 days upon receipt of all required documents|
|Extra expenses (storage, plugging costs, handling charges, etc.)||No excess / deductible|
|Loss of profit|
With our proven track record, trust us when we say you can chill, because whatever happens, we’ve got your back.
*Terms and Conditions apply.
APL will not be liable if:
- Hot load is proven
- Probes are not properly inserted into the fruits
- Probes are damaged during loading